Buckhead eatery Souper Jenny is celebrating its 10th anniversary with a week of events, guests and special menu items from Oct. 6 to 10. The festivities culminate with a cocktail party from 7 to 9 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 10.
“Soup diva” Jenny Levison opened Souper Jenny as a six-seat cafe in the fall of 1998. The restaurant has expanded twice and now is open seven days a week instead of four. It still has its signature soup counter.
Levison and all the servers are working actors and often provide their service with a song or dance.
“As I searched for a concept to open, I realized there were few places for people to find great soup in Atlanta,” Levison said.
The schedule for Souper Jenny’s 10th anniversary celebration:
• Monday, Oct. 6 — Guest chefs Linton Hopkins of Restaurant Eugene, Alisa Berry of Bella Cucina, Mitchell Anderson of MetroFresh and Elisa Gambino of Via Elisa make appearances to cook special soups.
• Tuesday, Oct. 7 — Cupcake decorating, balloon art and face painting for children.
• Wednesday, Oct. 8 — Live music and psychic readings.
• Thursday, Oct. 9 — Jenny will donate all proceeds from lunch and from grilled cheese night to Bert’s Big Adventure.
• Friday, Oct. 10 — Birthday cake for all and a cocktail party open to everyone.
Souper Jenny’s menu changes daily based on what ingredients are fresh. Each day the cafe features six homemade soups, along with salads, sandwiches, breads and baked goods. Souper Jenny features grilled cheese night each Thursday and a brunch menu each Sunday.
Souper Jenny is at 56 E. Andrews Drive in Buckhead in the Andrews Square Shopping Center. The entrance is on Cains Hill Place, between East Andrews Drive and Irby Avenue.