A roundup of actions taken recently by Sandy Springs governmental bodies.
The City Council on Dec. 2 unanimously approved alcoholic beverage licenses for:
• Valerie Moore of Morgan Falls Billiards at 7875 Roswell Road, Suite C, for on-premises consumption of wine, malt beverages and distilled spirits.
• Ermonel Daka of Sandy Springs Diner at 8612 Roswell Road for on-premises consumption of wine and malt beverages.
• Norma Jo Meek of Target at 5610 Roswell Road for retail/package sales of wine and malt beverages.
• Hue Huynh Lam of The Real Mandarin House at 6263 Roswell Road for on-premises consumption of wine and malt beverages.
• Fazal Natha of Unique Collection at 8773 Dunwoody Place for retail/package sales of wine and malt beverages.
The Design Review Board took the following unanimous actions Dec. 9 (all await final City Council action):
• Approved a 3-foot-high black aluminum fence for the southwest corner of Makara’s Mediterranean restaurant, 6224 Roswell Road, to create an outdoor seating area.
• Approved a permit for Masoud Zahedi of Farsi Properties to build a four-story building at 400 Carpenter Drive housing 18,300 square feet of office space, 13,300 square feet of retail, four residential units, two levels of underground parking and a rooftop garden.
• Granted approval for Norcross-based Peachtree Awnings to install an awning at 6427 Roswell Road, the building that houses Zen Massage, Travis Salon and Micro Seconds.