Ray Smith joins Joyce, Thrasher
Ray S. Smith III, a commercial, real estate and probate litigation lawyer, has joined the Sandy Springs law firm of Joyce, Thrasher, Kaiser & Liss LLC.
With a national practice including real estate law, land-use matters, commercial law, probate law, business and employment litigation, election law, and bankruptcy, Smith represents a variety of clients. They include publicly and privately held businesses, commercial real estate developers and builders, multimillion-dollar estates, and private individuals.
Joyce, Thrasher, Kaiser & Liss has offices at Suite 2350, Five Concourse Parkway, Sandy Springs.
RJ Casual’s Cafe Bakery opens
Robert Glazer, a bakery owner from South Florida, joined forces with managing partner Jerome Judge, a 22-year veteran of the hospitality industry, to open RJ Casual’s Café Bakery Dec. 15 at 8540 Roswell Road in Sandy Springs. RJ Casual’s features classic American fare, in addition to Jewish, Italian, French and Brazilian cooking and baked goods.
The restaurant is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
RJ Casual’s menu includes salads, soups, sandwiches, comfort food such as chicken pot pies and Blue Plate Specials. Prices range from $3.99 to $9.99. The restaurant also sells ready-to-eat meals and packaged fruits and nuts and boasts a wide range of homemade baked goods and desserts.
Glazer also has produced a complete line of sugar-free products for RJ Casual’s.
For more information, visit www.rjcasuals.com and www.bakeman.com.
Dressed brings ‘salads with style’ to town
Chef-owner Justin Smolev has opened his third location for Dressed, a fast-casual restaurant serving “salads with style,” in Perimeter Town Center at the intersection of Hammond Drive and Peachtree-Dunwoody Road.
The menu at Dressed features more than 70 gourmet salad ingredients, including five greens, seven cheeses, countless vegetable, fruit and nut toppings, fresh grilled chicken, steak and shrimp, and 24 salad dressings made fresh daily. Guests can create custom salads or choose one of several chef-designed salads. Any salad also can be wrapped in flatbread and served sandwich-style.
In addition, Dressed offers a variety of homemade specialty soups that change daily.
Smolev opened the first Dressed at The Plaza Midtown in November 2006. As part of the eco-friendly efforts at Dressed, delivery orders are transported on scooters to cut back on oil consumption and pollution.
Perimeter Town Center is a redevelopment project that includes 13 hotels, three hospitals and a range of retail outlets.
The Sandy Springs Reporter provides a regular listing of licenses issued by the city of Sandy Springs to new businesses. The following are among the businesses that received licenses from Nov. 1 to Dec. 31. To see the complete list, visit www.reporternewspapers.net and look under “Business.”
Businesses in the medical field:
• AIGB Georgia L.P., 6160 Peachtree-Dunwoody Road, Suite A-1, 30328, 404-236-7555, offices of physicians, mental.
• Butler Chiro Rehab Center LLC, 270 Carpenter Drive 30328, 404-303-7887, offices of chiropractors.
• Chirozone Fitness Inc., 220 Sandy Springs Circle, Suite 157A, 30328, 404-578-2114, offices of chiropractors.
• Image Cosmetic Center, 5505 Roswell Road, Suite 200, 30342, 404-949-0049, offices of physicians.
• Nicole Wesson (M/T), 185 N. Mount Vernon Highway 30328, 404-843-9967, offices of all other miscellaneous health practices.
• Pathways to Independence, 6420 Colewood Court 30328, 770-654-9542, offices of physical, occupational and speech therapy.
• Physicians North Atlanta Surgery Center, 5730 Glenridge Drive, Suite 110, 30328, 404-457-1547, offices of physicians.
• Pileo Massage Therapy, 195 Cliftwood Drive 30328, 404-495-2000, offices of all other miscellaneous health practices.
• Regional Medical Group, 5505 Roswell Road 30342, 404-943-9996, offices of physicians.
• The Turner Surgical Clinic LLC, 1490 Northwold Drive 30350, 404-421-5389, offices of physicians.
Businesses in the financial field:
• Altamirano Services, 5000 Roswell Road, Suite C, 30342, 404-236-0022, financial transactions processing.
• Bakka International Corp. Inc., 5905 Riverside Drive 30328, 678-933-3383, commodity contracts dealing.
• Cyprus Investments Inc., 6120 Powers Ferry Road, Suite 150, 30339, offices of other holding companies.
• Loan South Mortgage Inc., 990 Hammond Drive, Suite 210, 30328, 678-551-7135, mortgage and nonmortgage loan broker.
• MR Williams Financial LLC, 120 W. Wieuca Road 30342, 404-943-0603, tax preparation services.
• Shearstone Partners LLC, 4580 Mount Paran Parkway 30327, 404-467-1170, administrative management and general management consulting services.