When it comes to weddings, Southern women have a knack for gracefully mingling tradition, convention and charm. This is what TLC’s popular new show, “Say Yes to the Dress” is counting on for the new season filmed in the country’s largest full-service bridal boutique based right here in Atlanta – Bridals by Lori.
Celebrating a 30th anniversary, Bridals by Lori owner, Lori Allen says, “It’s an honor to be selected for the show, and we’re delighted to have the opportunity to bring some southern charm to such a popular series. I couldn’t imagine a better way to top off three amazing decades in Atlanta.”
The program chronicles the journey of brides-to-be in pursuit of the perfect wedding gown with the help of Lori and her team; part fashion show, part bridal story, part family therapy. Each episode will follow two to four southern belles onsite at Bridals by Lori in Sandy Springs, bringing a glimpse inside their personal lives and plans for the big day.
Lori says, “These are interesting and heart-warming stories. Normally we see brides for an hour and a half at most. Through the application process and filming you really get to know their background, such as when a family member or someone close has passed away.”
The original series began at Kleinfeld Bridal in New York City, and has garnered a cult-like following. The new season’s southern twist shows no signs of slowing down that popularity. Viewers can look forward to getting to know Monte Durham, the show’s new Fashion Director from Virginia. According to Lori, he is “crazy funny” and not afraid to tell you, “that doesn’t look good on you, honey.”
Over 900 people recently attended the Premiere Party held last week at 200 Peachtree and co-hosted by Brides.com, Brides Atlanta and TLC. On display were eight exceptional couture wedding gowns valued from $3,500 up to $15,000 and a special crystal-encrusted purse valued at $1,750. The collection commemorates the Bridals by Lori 30th anniversary and will be auctioned off in 2011 as a fundraiser for the American Heart Association. In recognition of the heart awareness cause, each designer has incorporated a heart design and autograph into their work, making the collection all the more unique.
Upcoming events, sales, etc…
- Special offer just for Atlanta INtown’s Boutique Beat: 20% off any European Facial during the month of August at Woo Skincare and Cosmetics
- Friday, Aug. 6: Hello Stiletto Gala, benefiting the Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis. Discount tickets available at AtlantaBoutiques.com.
- Friday, Aug. 6, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, Aug. 7, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Downtown Decatur Boutique Warehouse Sale, includes some of Atlanta’s favorite boutiques like Squash Blossom, Evolve, Dakata J’s and more!
- Monday, Aug., at 7 p.m.: Jeffrey Fashion Cares
- Saturday, Aug. 22, from noon to 5 p.m.: Olive Social Trunk show at Etain Bridal in Tyrone, GA http://www.olivestyle.com
- Squash Blossom is doubling their shoe inventory. In addition to Frye, Fluevog, Camper and Jambu they’re adding Toms, Dansko, Born, Cydwoq, Off the Beaten Track, Kickers and much more!
- Final mid-year clearance with all sale merchandise 75-90% off at Heliotrope