Craftsman fine jewelry is about communicating a vision and working alongside an artist at each phase as they sketch then bring to life a one-of-a-kind piece unlike any other. This is what Dawn Muscio does best and has made her life’s work. She and her life and business partner, Jacqueline (Jackie) Williams own D. Muscio Fine Jewelry located in the bustling Village Park Place at Brookhaven.
This week D. Muscio celebrated a 5th year anniversary with a Facets of the Arts soiree. The event had bites from local favorites and a raffle benefiting the Woodruff Arts Center. Models wearing all white, resembling a blank canvas for these fine pieces of art, donned earrings, necklaces and even belts with fine jewels such as black diamonds, green tourmaline and blue sapphires.
An added treat of the evening was getting a glimpse inside the working studio of D. Muscio. All the planning and creativity comes to life within these artisan quarters. Half the studio is dedicated to a computer where Jackie digitalizes Dawn’s sketch the client has approved. Casting is the only phase not done in-house, with Dawn handling all the finishing, fabricating and setting by hand. One day a week is reserved only for sketching and Dawn prefers the local Starbucks or Barnes and Noble to get her creative juices flowing.
Dawn says, “I love what I do because it never gets boring, we are about creating stories and memories for people through jewelry.”
The nostalgia in D. Muscio creations is what makes them unique. Recently they worked with a family grieving the loss of a grandmother. Dawn made pendants for each of the five female grandchildren from the diamonds in one piece the grandmother left behind. They work with clients to get children involved in the creativity process by making an imprint of their hand, to then watch it become a pair of custom cuff links for dad or a charm for mom.
Marketing is a cinch for this family-run business, and all credit to Mabry. She’s a beautiful Great Dane happy to greet customers at the door sporting her custom-made bling. Dawn says her four-legged friend was bringing in so much foot traffic she had to make Mabry her own custom ‘M’ charm. The personalized charms have gained in popularity and will soon be available for purchase at local doggie boutiques.
Dawn trained at the internationally recognized Pratt Institute, and the studio has seen several international awards over the years. If you are interested in learning more about D. Muscio fine jewelry, visit www. dmuscio.com.
Sales & Events
- Don’t forget to Use your Special offer just for Atlanta INtown’s Boutique Beat: 20% off any European Facial during the month of August at Woo Skincare and Cosmetics
- Monday, Aug. 30, 7 p.m.: Jeffrey Fashion Cares, one of the most anticipated fashion events of the year! Tickets are available to the after-party at Opera kicking off at 9 p.m. Visit www.jeffreyfashioncares.com/atlanta for more information or to purchase tickets online.
- Buy a pair of Shoes (sale or regular priced) and Receive a Second Pair HALF OFF at Ooh LaLa Boutique in the Highlands. www.oohlalafashionboutique.com
- It’s Fab Friday at Heliotrope on Aug. 27 from 6-11 p.m. take 20% off your purchase.
- Beehive will have 40-90% off marked items through Aug. 29 for the Bi-Annual Warehouse sale www.thebeehiveatl.com
- A denim sale for guys and gals at Barney CO-OP Atlanta, 20% off www.Barneys.com/DENIMSTYLE