On Saturday, March 19, the City of Decatur, in partnership with the DeKalb History Center, will hold the third annual Decatur Old House Fair. This day-long celebration features new ideas, practical advice, innovative materials, and quality services for owners of older homes.
Homeowners attend how-to seminars and workshops on restoring old windows, historic landscapes, researching an old house, kitchen and bath ideas, energy efficiency, and much more.
The fair also includes a large exhibit hall of professionals, retailers, and suppliers specializing in home improvement, historic preservation, and interior furnishings. Seminars begin at 10 a.m.
- Ranch House Typology
- Researching Your Old House/What Style is Your Home
- Energy Efficiency in Old Homes
- Wood Window Workshop
- Maintenance Plans for Old Homes
- “Greening” Your Old House
- Historic Landscapes
- Masonry in Historic Homes
- Kitchen and Bath Ideas in Old Houses
- Sensitive Additions to Old Houses
- Storm Windows for Old Houses
The Decatur Old House Fair will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Conference Plaza,130 Clairemont Ave. For a complete seminar schedule, exhibitor details, and ticket information, visit DecaturOldHouseFair.com. Tickets are $10 when purchased in advance, $15 at the door.