The inaugural event will feature special guest poet Adrienne Su, Atlanta native and a devotee of Buford Highway, who writes and teaches at Dickinson College in Carlisle, Penn. Guests will also enjoy the sounds of Atlanta singer and activist Doria Roberts, whose whose recent travels inspired a Farm to Ear Tour in Atlanta.
The event will showcase the following chefs from across the South:
· Vishwesh Bhatt, SNACKBAR, Oxford, Miss.
· Ashley Christensen, Poole’s Diner, Chuck’s, Beasley’s Chicken + Honey and Fox Liquor Bar, Raleigh, NC
· Kelly English, Restaurant Iris, Memphis, Tenn.
· Adolfo Garcia, RioMar, La Boca, a Mano and Gusto, New Orleans, La.
· Asha Gomez, Cardamom Hill, Atlanta, Ga.
· Eddie Hernandez, Taqueria del Sol, Atlanta, Ga.
· Linton Hopkins, Restaurant Eugene, Holeman & Finch Public House, H&F Bread Co., and H&F Bottle Shop, Atlanta, Ga.
· Vivian Howard, Chef & the Farmer, Kinston, N.C.
· Yewande Komolafe, Jim ‘N Nick’s, Birmingham, Ala.
· Philip Krajeck, Rolf and Daughters, Nashville, Tenn.
· Anthony Lamas, Seviche, Louisville, Ky.
· Sarah O’Kelley and Chris Stewart, the Glass Onion, Charleston, S.C.
· Whitney Otawka, Farm 255, Athens, Ga.
· Anne Quatrano, Bacchanalia, Quinones at Bacchanalia, Star Provisions, Floataway Café and Abattoir, Atlanta, Ga.
· Todd Richards, The Shed at Glenwood, Atlanta, Ga.
· Taylor Bowen Rickets, Delta Bistro, Greenwood, Miss.
· Hector Santiago, Pura Vida, Atlanta, Ga.
· Susan Spicer, Mondo and Bayona, New Orleans, La.
· Steven Satterfield, Miller Union, Atlanta, Ga.
· Carla Tomasko, Bacchanalia and Quinones at Bacchanalia, Atlanta, Ga.
· Angie Moser, Placemat Productions, Atlanta, Ga.
Proceeds from the evening will benefit the Southern Foodways Alliance based at the University of Mississippi in Oxford, Miss. Through documentary, classroom and outreach initiatives, SFA sets a common table where all who gather around the table, regardless of race, income and religion, may consider the South’s history and future in a spirit of reconciliation.
Tickets are $350 per person and include food, beverage and programming and can be purchased here. For more information, visit newsouthfamilysupper.com.