The Atlanta Police Department is asking the public to be mindful of several large events expected to attract 100,000 to 125,000 attendees. Beginning today, large conventions, concerts and sporting events will increase pedestrian and vehicular traffic in the metro Atlanta area.
The Department urges event-goers to plan ahead for any travel, and consider taking MARTA. Event-goers should be mindful of their surroundings and call 911 to report any suspicious activity. Keep in mind the APD’s Clean Car Campaign by removing all valuables in plain sight from vehicles. Officers routinely respond to reports of laptops, GPS units, tablet computers, purses, firearms and other valuables stolen from unattended vehicles. Leave these items at home, or take them with you to avoid becoming a victim of this preventable crime.
Here’s just some of the weekend events:
· Atlanta Fall Gift & Home Furnishings Market, AmericasMart, Sept. 19
· Miranda Lambert: Locked & Reloaded Tour, Aaron’s Amphitheatre at Lakewood Atlanta, Sept. 19, 7 p.m
· PGA Tour Championship, East Lake Golf Club, Sept. 19-22
· Music Midtown 2013, Piedmont Park, Sept. 20-21
· Georgia Tech vs. North Carolina, Bobby Dodd Stadium, Sept. 21, noon