More than 10,000 visitors are expected for this year’s festival, which will offer speaker programs, author meet-and-greets, book signings, panel discussions, The Family Reading Festival and more. Most events will be held at the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta (MJCCA), 5342 Tilly Mill Road in Dunwoody.
Some of this year’s highlights:
- Opening Night: Scott Turow reads from and signs his latest novel, Identical, which focuses on a complex web of murder, sex and betrayal between a family and their neighbors. Nov. 2, 8:15 p.m. Tickets are $18 for members, $24 for the community.
- Clark Howard: The consumer will discuss and sign his latest book, Living Large for the Long Haul: Consumer-Tested Ways to Overhaul Your Finances, Increase Your Savings, and Get Your Life Back on Track, on Nov. 6, 8:15 p.m. Tickets are $13 for members, $18 for the community.
- Jeffrey Toobin: CNN legal analyst discusses his latest nonfiction book, The Oath: The Obama White House and The Supreme Court, on Nov. 7 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $18 for members, $24 for the community.
- Family Reading Festival: This event will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m on Nov. 10. Tickets are $7 for children members, $10 for children from the community. There will be authors interacting with the kids, a visit from the Atlanta Hawks cheerleaders, a sing-a-long, dance and gymnastic exhibitions and more.
- Sheri Fink: The author reconstructs Five Days at Memorial in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina at the New Orleans hospital. The reading is Nov. 11 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $13 for members, $18 for the community.
- Alan Dershowitz: The lawyer and legal analyst reads from his memoir Taking the Stand: My Life in the Law on Nov. 16 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $18 for members, $24 for the community.
- Closing Night: Bestselling author Pat Conroy discusses his new memoir, The Death of Santini, with Atlanta magazine’s Theresa Weaver on Nov. 17, 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $18 for member, $24 for the community.
To see the full lineup of authors and purchase tickets, visit atlantajcc.org/bookfestival.