– Park your car in a well-lit area and keep track of where it’s parked. This will get you in your car and on your way faster.
– Park in well-trafficked areas and avoid secluded and dark areas, as confrontations won’t be seen and yells for help won’t be heard.
– Hide packages from view to prevent a break-in. Lock them in the trunk or, if possible, take them directly home or ask for them to be delivered.
– If you return to your vehicle to unload shopping bags, move your vehicle to another space.
– When placing electronic items in your car out of view such as iPods, cell phones and GPS systems, remember to also put chargers, cords and cradles out of view since would-be thieves look for these items as signs that what they are looking for may be in your car.