This information comes from Atlanta INtown, which is another publication owned by Springs Publishing, owner of Reporter Newspapers.
– The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is working to implement its new Atlanta Regional Economic Competitiveness Strategy. The ARC put together a group of business, civic, education and government leaders to assess the competitive strengths and weaknesses of the Atlanta region. Now, an implementation committee is working to bring that strategy to life with four primary goal areas: a more educated workforce, helping existing businesses be more productive and profitable, become a pipeline for innovative entrepreneurs and create more livable communities.
– 18|8 Fine Men’s Salons (eighteeneight.com) will soon open three locations in Atlanta with the inaugural location in Buckhead at 305 Brookhaven Ave., Suite 1140. Offering hair care, facial treatments and scalp treatments, the first location should be open by summer.
– Skinchanted (skinchanted.com) has opened in Berkeley Heights shopping center, 1700 Northside Drive. The shop offers handmade, natural skincare products. All products are made in store and can be customized by choosing your own fragrance, essential oils and additives.
– Hala Moddelmog has been elected president of the Metro Atlanta Chamber (metroatlantachamber.com). Moddelmog, a Georgia native, previously served as Arby’s Restaurant Group president, where she led the divestiture from public company to private ownership in a deal valued at more than $400 million. She also led Susan G. Komen for the Cure and was president of Church’s Chicken.
– BLAST900, a lifestyle based workout facility featuring interval-based classes, nutrition specialists, and personal fitness assessments, will open at Skyhouse, 100 6th St., in Midtown next month. This will be the fourth location to open in Georgia with other locations in Athens, Buckhead and Dunwoody.
– Moss Robertson and his daughter Katie Sanders, part of one of Atlanta’s oldest and most prominent local business families, are planning to opening eight locations of Exercise Coach, which offers guided fitness programs for men and women. As part of the Boomershine family of auto dealers since 1929, this new venture into fitness will begin in February with the opening of the first Exercise Coach at 458 East Paces Ferry Road in Buckhead. A second location will open in John’s Creek. Additional locations are planned for Sandy Springs, Vinings, Brookhaven and Druid Hills, Alpharetta, Cumming and Dunwoody over the next four years.