Highlights from the report covering 2013:
- In 2013, there were 33,045 Part 1 crimes – a decrease of 3.6 percent from calendar year 2012 and a decrease of more than 33 percent since 2002. Part 1 crimes include homicide, sexual assault, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny, auto theft and arson.
- There were an estimated 12 violent crimes per 100,000 inhabitants in 2013. The FBI’s Unified Crime Report indicates 5,517 violent crimes occurred in the City of Atlanta.
- Aggravated assaults accounted for 53.7 percent of violent crimes and 9 percent of total crimes reported in 2013. Robbery offenses accounted for 42.8 percent of violent crime offenses; rape accounted for 1.9 percent; and murder accounted for 1.5 percent.
- There were 27,528 property crime offenses in the City of Atlanta in 2013 – a decrease of 3.6 percent from 2012 and 30.3 percent from 2002.
- Total crime dropped 30 percent in Atlanta from 2002-2012 compared to only 14 percent nationally.
The full report is available at AtlantaPoliceFoundation.org.