The Georgia Department of Education on May 8 recognized 116 graduating seniors as 2014 Georgia Scholars.
The deparment identifies seniors who have achieved excellence in both school and community.
“There is only one thing I can say about our 116 Georgia Scholars, and that is this: I am so proud to call each of you a student in the state of Georgia,” said State School Superintendent Dr. John Barge in a press release.
Each Georgia Scholar will receive a seal for his or her diploma.
Students in Reporter Newspaper communities who were named Georgia Scholars are:
- Maddie Dill, Dunwoody High School, DeKalb County
- Mallory Harrie, Dunwoody High School, DeKalb County
- Mary Elizabeth Lee, Dunwoody High School, DeKalb County
- Daniel Muehring, North Springs High School, Fulton County
- Carson Hooper, Holy Spirit Preparatory School, Private
- Joseph Martin, Mount Vernon Presbyterian School, Private