The High Museum will install interactive art sculptures around Midtown as part of its new exhibition, “Los Trompos.” The sculptures, created by the artists behind the popular exhibit “Mi Casa, Your Casa,” will appear April 24 at seven locations. Those seven will compliment the 40 others created by Mexican designers Héctor Esrawe and Ignacio Cadena on show at the Alliance.
The motion of the kinetic art pieces imitate a spinning top—the Mexican toy from which the designers drew their inspiration.
The “Los Trompos” exhibit pieces will be located at the following sites:
- Selig Enterprises, 12th & Spring Street
- Midtown Alliance/Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, 11th and Peachtree Street
- Midtown Alliance Art District Plaza, 15th and Peachtree
- Bank of America Plaza, North and Peachtree
- The Office of the Arts at Georgia Institute of Technology, Clough Commons on the Tech campus
- Cousins Properties, 1230 Peachtree Street
- Franklin Street Properties, 999 Peachtree Street.
For more about the exhibit, visit this link.