If you live, work or travel along Northside Drive in the Buckhead area, be prepared for up to two more years of construction work.
Representatives from the city of Atlanta and Fulton County were on hand to brief the Buckhead Council of Neighborhoods on work to install new sewer and water lines as well as upgrading intersections, sidewalks, curbs and resurfacing of the entire roadway.
While 42 percent of the work is complete on Northside, there is still much to do. Here’s a timeline for some of the work still to be done:
- New waterlines will be installed from I-75 to Collier Road beginning in October
- All waterline work is expected to be completed by summer 2016
- Arden Road intersection will be the first to get new pedestrian crossings, curbs and handicap ramps
- Resurfacing of entire street in fall 2017
- Entire project complete by end of 2017
There will be various road closures, narrowing of lanes and detours in place, so be sure to leave extra time for your journey or choose an alternate route.