KDC Real Estate Development & Investments was awarded the 2015 Engage Dunwoody Award at the March 25 annual meeting of the Dunwoody Perimeter Chamber.
Presenting the honor was Dan Farrar, the city of Dunwoody’s Business Retention Manager, to Alex Chambers, regional vice president for KDC’s Atlanta office including the Dunwoody Master-planned project and new development projects.
The award was presented to KDC after 35 employees of the company joined city officials and others last October to plant and mulch trees in Brook Run Park. Approximately 100 new trees were mulched and others trees were transplanted with the help of KDC employees.
“Engage Dunwoody is an innovative program that provides opportunities for Dunwoody’s corporate community and local businesses that desire to make a difference in their community. The city and Chamber aim to create partnerships between non-profit organizations and local corporations through volunteer projects. The award winners help to build a better community for business and residents alike,” according to the DPC.
Outgoing DPC chair Brent Morris also presented the gavel to incoming board chair Heyward Wescott.
The DPC also honored its outgoing directors:
- MJ Thomas, Realtor at MJ Thomas-Keller Williams Atlanta Perimeter, Secretary
- Paula Owens, VP | Principal Relationship Manager at Wells Fargo, Immediate Past Chair
- Donald Boyken, CEO at DRB Consulting, Advisory Council
- Frederick Cerrone, President & CEO at Hotel Equities, Advisory Council
- Steve Cooper, Asset Manager at Coro Realty Advisors, Director
- Former Mayor Mike Davis, City of Dunwoody, Director
- Robert F. Dallas, Esq., Attorney at Law at Gilson Athans P.C., Director
- Peter Dunn, General Manager at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter, Director
- Margaret Ehrlich, Dean of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Engineering at Georgia Perimeter College, Director
- Bill Grant, President at Bill Grant Homes, Advisory Council
- Doug McKendrick, Owner at McKendrick’s Steak House, Director
- Dick Williams, Editor at Crier Newspapers, Director
And incoming 2016 Board of Directors were also recognized. They are:
- Villard Bastien, Attorney at Law Offices of Villard Bastien, LLC, Director – Term ending 2016
- Jeanne Landry, VP of Human Resources at Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital, Director – Term ending 2018
- Jonathan Rosen, Managing Trustee at Jonathan D Rosen Family Foundation and CEO at Entaire Global Companies, Director – Term ending 2018
- Bill Baker, Senior General Manager at Perimeter Mall > General Growth Properties, 2016 At Large Director
- Alex Chambers, Regional Vice President at KDC Real Estate Development & Investments, 2016 At Large Director
- Michael Starling, Economic Development Director at City of Dunwoody, 2016 Ex-Officio Director
- Eric Linton, City Manager at City of Dunwoody, 2016 Ex-Officio Director