The next collection will take place on Saturday, April 16, from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Center for Hard to Recycle Materials (ChaRM), located at 1110 Hill Street, S.E. and from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the parking lot of The Mall West End, located at 850 Oak Street, S.W.
· ONLY car tires and light duty truck tires will be accepted.
· Tires with rims and large truck tires WILL NOT be accepted.
· This collection is NOT OPEN to commercial businesses
· No limit on the amount of tires collected by residents and community groups
The city of Atlanta is committed to reducing the amount of scrap tires in our city; collecting an average of 5,000 illegally dumped scrap tires each month through various community partners, said Keep Atlanta Beautiful Executive Director Kanika Greenlee.
“Scrap tires take up large amounts of space in landfills are often dumped into illegal tire piles. These scrap tire piles can be a threat to the environment. Tires exposed to the elements can hold water and be a breeding space for mosquitoes,” Greenlee said.
The month long scrap tire collect drive is sponsored by the Atlanta City Council, the Department of Public Works, the Keep Atlanta Beautiful Commission, the Mayor’s Office of Sustainability and Liberty Tire Recycling.
Additional scrap tire collections during the month of April will include:
· April 21 and April 22 from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Shirley Place and Verbena Street, N.W.
· April 22 at 870 Proctor Street, N.W.
· April 22 and April 23 at Greenbriar Mall, 2841 Greenbriar Parkway, S.W. (parking lot)
· April 23 at the Center for Hard to Recycle Materials, 1110 Hill Street, S.E.
· April 28 through April 30 at 2175 James Jackson Parkway, N.W.
· April 30 at the Adamsville Recreation Center, 3201 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive (parking lot)
To volunteer, report illegally dumped scrap tires or for questions, contact the Keep Atlanta Beautiful Commission at (404) 330-6721 or email email@example.com.