The 12th annual Shutze Awards dinner was hosted by the Institute of Classical Architecture & Art’s Southeast Chapter recently at the Piedmont Driving Club in Midtown.
The award winners, saluted for their design excellence in the classical tradition, included the following architects and designers in specific categories:
• Student/Emerging Professional: Jacques P. Levet, Jr.
• Residential Architecture – Under 5,000 square feet: Jeffrey Dungan Architects
• Residential Interior Design – Over 5,000 square feet: G. P. Schafer Architect
• Landscape/Garden Design: Alex Smith Garden Design, Ltd.
• Artisanship-Craftsmanship: Wendy M. Graham
• Residential Interior Design – Under 5,000 square feet: Tammy Connor Interior Design
• Residential Renovation: D. Stanley Dixon, Architect
• Institutional: McCrery Architects
• Residential Architecture – Over 5,000 square feet: G. P. Schafer Architect
• Stewardship – Restoration: Shawn Henderson
The awards are named after famed Atlanta architect Philip Trammell Shutze, known for designing some of the city’s most beloved buildings including the Swan House, Academy of Medcine, East Lake Golf Course Clubhouse, The Temple and many more.