Many local private schools are closing in response to concerns about the coronavirus.
Gov. Brian Kemp on March 12 suggested metro Atlanta schools announce closures. In response, Atlanta Public Schools, the Fulton County School System and the DeKalb County School District are shutting down indefinitely starting March 16.
Now, several private schools in local communities are announcing extended closures. All private schools that have announced closures will be implementing virtual learning programs.
Schools closed through March 27
- Atlanta Girls’ School in Buckhead
- Davis Academy in Dunwoody
- Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School in Sandy Springs
- Holy Spirit Preparatory School in Buckhead
- The Lovett School in Buckhead
- Pace Academy in Buckhead
- Marist School in Brookhaven
- St. Martin’s Episcopal School in Dunwoody
- St. Pius X Catholic High School in Brookhaven
- The Westminster Schools in Buckhead
Schools closed through April 3
- Atlanta International School in Buckhead
Schools closed through April 13
- Brandon Hall School in Dunwoody
Schools closed indefinitely
- The Galloway School in Buckhead
- The Weber School in Sandy Springs did not immediately respond to a comment request and no information regarding closing has been posted on its website.
For the latest information about the new coronavirus, see the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at cdc.gov.
This story has been updated with closure information for Marist School in Brookhaven and St. Martin’s Episcopal School in Dunwoody.