Lynn Deutsch was elected Mayor of Dunwoody in 2019, and has spent most of her term dealing with the ongoing pandemic.
Deutsch took a few moments out of her schedule to share with us what she personally enjoys getting out and doing when she has some free time.
Here are Lynn Deutsch’s Top 5 favorite things to do in Dunwoody.
1. #letsdolunch: Dunwoody has so many great places to meet for lunch, and I adore our painted picnic tables. It is important to eat and shop locally, and stay in touch with our small businesses.
2. Dunwoody Farmers Market: Just about every Saturday morning, you’ll find me at Brook Run Park at the Dunwoody Farmers Market, which is hosted by the Dunwoody Homeowners Association. It’s a special place where we can pick up fresh, local food and visit with our neighbors.
3. Malachi’s Storehouse: On Tuesday afternoons, you’ll find me at Malachi’s Storehouse collecting donations from residents for families in need. This began during the early days of the pandemic, and we never stopped. I love seeing the community come together to support one another.
4. Spruill Gallery: The talent on display inside this beautiful, historic home can take your breath away. Their gallery store is a great place to find unique and unexpected items.
5. Live music: City-sponsored concerts have begun at the new Brook Run Park Amphitheater this summer, and the experience is even better than I imagined. It’s a beautiful setting with great acoustics and room to roam. I also enjoy the live music at Dunwoody Food Truck Thursday, the Farmers Market, and at our local restaurants.