Subscribe to Rough Draft

Posted inAtlanta Intown

A Look Back: This Month in Atlanta’s History

By Ann Taylor Boutwell June 1, 1925: Virginia-Highland’s Fire Station #19 officially opened on the northeast corner of North Highland and Los Angeles Avenue. In 1924, the station began as a joint effort between the City of Atlanta and Fulton County. Atlanta’s chief of construction William Hansell and city engineer C.E. Kauffman approved specifications and […]