Subscribe to Rough Draft

Posted inAtlanta Intown

A Look Back

By Ann Boutwell Nov. 7, 1926: Buckhead’s Covenant Presbyterian Church opened its new $150,000 Gothic-style building designed by architect Charles H. Hopkins. The church had its beginnings in 1874 and was the city’s first downtown congregation to move to Buckhead. The 56-member congregation worshipped in a tent on Baker Street until 1904 when it dedicated […]